The Vanuatu Rainbow Lodge is less than 5-minute drive from Port-Vila CBD and 15-minute drive from Bauerfield Domestic and International Airports. It is located Akiriki Parade, in Paray, a peaceful and quiet area of Nambatu suburb.
Getting here from the airport
TRANSFER SHUTTLE BUS
If you would like us to organize your airport transfers through a transfer company, we would be more than happy to assist. Please advise us directly of your arrival and departure time when making your reservation. The cost of this service is VUV1,000 one-way per person.
A taxi rank is located directly outside the Arrivals Gate at the International Airport. Rates can be negotiated prior to your journey to the Vanuatu Rainbow Lodge but should be approximately VUV2,000.
A national treasure is the local bus network which is completely unregulated en-route to your destination however a standard fare allows travelers to budget comfortably with a VUV150-200 per person one-way from the airport.
Port-Vila is a mini capital city
It is small enough to visit and enjoy on foot. The Vanuatu Rainbow Lodge is located 80m from Port-Vila bustling main street where you have easy access to public transportation.
Transport to and from Port-Vila downtown can be via local Bus or Taxi:
Local buses can be identified by the red “B” on the number plates and cost approximately VUV150.
Taxis can be identified by the red “T” on the number plates and cost approximately VUV500.
We are conveniently located in Nambatu. Do you know where the name of our suburb comes from? This area has been named during WWII by the American troops ‘No2’ or ‘Number Two’ as it was less than 2Km away from their headquarters.
The below listed places of interest are located less than 2Km away from the Vanuatu Rainbow Lodge:
- 100m from nearest convenience store (I-MART Chinese shop)
- 140m from Crave bakery
- 450m from Go For Food Chinese take-away
- 550m from L’Houstalet French restaurant & pizzeria and Spice Indian restaurant
- 600m from Au Bon Marche supermarket and ANZ, BRED, BSP ATMs and Ah Pow bakery
- 700m from Spice Indian restaurant
- 1Km from Golden Port Chinese restaurant and Casa Mia Italian restaurant
- 1.1Km from the National Parliament House, National Museum and Chiefs Nakamal
- 1.4Km from the Waterfront bar & grill
- 1.5Km from La Cucina Filipino restaurant and the National Convention Center
- 1.6Km from the Grand Casino, Crystals Italian restaurant, Brewery bar & restaurant, and Iririki Island mainland jetty
- 1.8Km from the Post Office (downtown)
- 300m from Asian take-away
- 330m from War Horse Saloon bar & restaurant
- 370m from MK Chinese restaurant
- 450m from Kanpai Japanese restaurant, Vanuatu Handicraft Market and ANZ ATM
- 490m from Stonegrill restaurant
- 600m from Inomakas bakery and BRED ATM
- 1.8Km from Wild Ginger Asian-fusion restaurant & teppanyaki
- 1.9Km from Erakor Island mainland jetty